Tuesday, June 17, 2008

GROWTH!!!!


Spring is a time when things are in bloom! In our area you are seeing the bunnies born in April growing and starting to venture out on their own. It's also been a time of a lot of rain and unfortunate flooding in our area. Well, our little bunny is growing too! Boogie this past week had to be bumped up to the next levels in her exersaucer and her jumparoo. One day she's bouncing perfectly and the next she looks like a fifth grader on the baby swings. The girl is getting so tall. On top of this she is sprouting a noticeable tooth on her bottom gum in the front. I'm ordering cement blocks today to strap to her head so she can't grow anymore.

Karen got me a really cool Father's Day Gift. She bought me a book by Robert Wolgemuth called, She Calls Me Daddy. Karen told me Robert was a guest on Focus on the Family with Dr. James Dobson. I started reading it Sunday. It is an awesome book. This little girl doesn't have a chance and I feel worse for the little boys who want to date her. Karen is reading a book by Dr. Dobson called, Parenting isn't for cowards. It's basically a book that encourages and instructs parents who have done basically everything right yet their kids turn out to be a challenge or worse rotten. I can't wait to read it when she's done. Now, while on the topic of good books. There is a counterpart to the book I'm reading by Dr Dobson called Bringing up Boys. This book, along with Wild at Heart are a must have instruction book if you have little boys, big boys, or men in your life. Men are loners by nature and are afraid to talk to each other about our feelings. Wild at Heart, especially for us big boys, gives every man a sense of purpose, some relief on issues in our lives, and just a good encouraging book. Must Read! It's also a good book for wives and hopeful wives to read to help understand men. My lovely wife is a lover of books. Me? I used to hate to read until I realized what wonderful stuff is out there! So I am so grateful for my beautiful wife making my father's day so special and being instrumental in my personal growth.

So Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy (belated) Father's Day Joe!! Isabella is a blessed little girl, princess or boogie!! LOL

Uggghhhhh as the mother of two boys, and an aunt to three boys... I think I should probably read that book!! Lawd knows it can't hurt anything, plus when I can find the time (which is rare these days) I love to read!

Anonymous said...

I am loving your blog!!! LUXO