Monday, August 4, 2008

Life of a Teething Queen...


I know I keep posting this but this is our life right now. We got a real taste of the teething terrors yesterday. I have to say, up to this point we've done pretty well with teething or I should say Bella has. Well, yesterday we went to church. Karen had met this girl whose husband is an associate pastor at a Baptist Church by our house. Since it was storming really bad yesterday we opted to visit them since it was so close to home. Our church is about 40 minutes away from our house. The church was nice and the people were incredibly friendly. A small Baptist Church with your traditional Southern Baptist Preacher. It was a good word. Timely too! Anyway, since it was such a small church and you'd be noticed if you coughed Karen decided to try the Nursery. I think we both got the hint when everyone who greeted us before the service said, "If you need to the nursery is down that hall". The average age at this church was 70 so it wasn't a very tolerant church for babies making noise. I found it interesting that Karen's friend Amber and her husband would be pastors at this church since they are so young and the congreation like I said was older. I guess God has called them to this church for a reason. Man, I must have ADD today because I can't stay on point about Bella. Anyway, we were both nervous to put her in a strange church's nursery since we had really bad results at our church. Well, Boogie did great! She played, she let the lady feed her a bottle, and she even fell asleep on the the nursery lady's lap. That was a milestone. So we came home and I decided to tackle the yard. You see, while we were gone last week and storm came through and broke a huge branch way up in our Sweet Gum tree. I had stripped the branches down to the 6 inch in diameter branch and my one neighbor let me borrow his chain saw. So I was cleaning that up and mowing too. After I'm about done I see Karen coming out to the front porch with Boogie. I could tell neither one was too happy. Boogie woke up screaming and Karen could not get her to calm down. So I finished up and I went inside to help Karen out. Nothing we did helped. It breaks your heart because Bella has this heart breaking little wimper when she's upset. So Karen told me to take a shower because we hadn't had dinner and she wanted me to cook. So I came out of the shower expecting a scream fest. To my surprise all was quiet. Well, I knew it was too good to be true. Shortly after I hear her screaming again. Finally, I had the brainy idea to put on Veggie Tales. This kid goes nuts for Veggie Tales. She has this one particular one that is her favorite. Waaa La! it worked. She sat on my lap and was fixated on Veggie Tales. So I went and cooked dinner and she was doing well on Momma's lap. Well, it was 7pm and Bella still hadn't had dinner. Karen tried previously to this to give her a bottle and food but she refused. Since we were approaching her bed time we pulled her from the TV and brought her in the kitchen. She wasn't happy! but she was hungry so she was willing to compromise. She ate a little but not her normal meal. She stayed cranky for a little while longer and then Karen fed her a bottle while they watched Veggie Tales. She was good and she finally allowed Karen to put her in her crib to fall asleep. Took a while but she finally fell asleep. Then I found myself out at the BBQ singing in my head, "If you like to talk to Tomatoes, if Cauliflower makes you smile, have we got a show for you... VEEEEEGIE TALESSSS, VEGGGIIIEEETALES.." It's darn near impossible to get that song out of your head. It's as bad as the one Veggie Tales, "God is Bigger than the Boogie Man". That song will go on for days in my head. Anyway, Boogie had a wellness check up this morning and the doctor said she is doing great, Mommy is doing everything great so we are pleased.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm sorry that Bella is feeling bad! Teething is a terrible thing!! Thank goodness for Veggie Tales!!! Keep on singing! How great that she enjoyed the new church nursery!

Lesley said...

Uuuggghhhhhhhhhhh teething. Teething is horrible, for everyone involved!! Poor little Bella!! Is she drooling alot? I remember when Lane was teething, I thought he was going to drown... LOL!!!

That is AWESOME that she enjoyed the church nursery!! Ryan will have NO part of that... period. We have tried bringing him several times, but it just isn't happening. So, he sits with us in church every weekend... he is usually pretty good too! He loves our pastor too, so that helps!

You and K are awesome parents and she is so blessed to have both of you!

Anonymous said...

I am glad she's doing better! I hope to see you guys soon!!! Love you all.