Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bella's Beau



Words can not explain the cuteness of what I am about to tell you. (The above pic is the best representation of Bella and her new boyfriend). You see, it all started a few weeks ago. Karen had told me this one day and my reaction was, "yuck!". However, when I went home that night and witnessed this for myself I darn near wet myself. You see, my male pug, Bailey, and Bella have a love affair. Bailey is an overly affectionate dog who loves to give kisses. He's my buddy and he was our first Baby before we got our zoo of animals and Bella. We were fearful that our two dogs would be jealous of the baby. It is the complete opposite. They Love her, especially Bailey, which leads me into my story. Bailey loves to sit by, lay by, and if we let him lay on top of Bella. So a few weeks back Bella started grabbing Bailey by his saggy, loose lips and licking his face which Bailey graciously returned back to Bella. So these two sit there and lick each other's face. It might sound gross but it is so adorable.



We also affectionately refer to Bailey as Donkey. You see, we have a female pug named Mina or Minnie as we like to call her. Her and Bailey are inseparable. She is definitely the dominate one in the relationship so sometimes she tries to hug Bailey if you know what I mean. Bailey got tired of this and one day I witnessed him Donkey kick her. So Donkey has stuck ever since. I never thought I would be attached to a dog but Pugs are a breed like no other.

So it's been fun watching Bella have so much fun with Bailey. If she ever gets upset it's the animals that can calm her down. They are very therapeutic for her. Bella loves her some Bailey!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I will try not to say yuck because i'm sure it's a great relationship between Bella & the doggies! I'm just not a dog person! Glad to have a new post finally (cough cough!)

Anonymous said...

That's kinda gross that they give each other kisses, but my mom said I used to share my passy with our dog when I was little too so I can say it's too gross. I am glad you posted again! I hope to get over this with in the next week!

HerstoryGirl said...

Hi,
I just read your comments you left on my blog and I just had to write and say, THANK YOU for your sweet, kind words! You don't know how much it means to me.
And you make an excellent point! Indeed, the very thing you suggested (i.e. Saul/Paul's transformation) is exactly what I am praying for.
The hurt is not gone, but it is becoming less. The hardest part is giving it to God and NOT picking it back up again!
Your blog looks great & I will definitely be back. Thanks again for your uplifting comments.
=)
Summer

Kelley said...

That is just so sweet that they get along so well. We would love a dog, but I don't think my cat would like it, and we don't feel right getting one while we live somewhere without a yard. I'm not sure if I told you this or not, but thanks so much for you advice! It is great to have a man's opinion.