Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No Camera, Some Lights, and a Bunch of Action!


Well, I do apologize for not blogging regularly. I think it's been almost two weeks. I think my one devoted fan has all but given up on me. I know this is a lame excuse but we are having problems with uploading pics from our camera. Bella's life is way more interesting in pictures than my silly attempt at trying to explain it. However, due to some subtle and some not so subtle hints for me to blog I will do my best at updating you, painting the details of my boogies doings as best as I know how. So here goes!

Teething- This is one of those things you start to wonder God's plan for allowing a baby's teeth to come in one at a time. In my opinion, for everyone's sanity it would be great if one day your baby was toothless as a Des Allemands Prom Queen and the next have a full set of chompers. I mean really, why drag it out? I guess I know why. It's the Cuteness factor. Boogie has these two little teeth on her bottom gum. When she smiles or laughs it is the cutest thing. I guess it sort of makes all the drooling and baby orajel worth it.

Bonding - We took a trip this past weekend to Indianapolis, IN. Just a few days away! It was about a four and half hour road trip. I really don't like driving anymore but I have to say Bella was great. It was a time to take Bella away from her daily routine and let her enjoy Mommy and Daddy. She really acted like she was on vacation. More importantly, something that was not planned but an observation that I made was a stronger bond between Karen and Bella. What I mean is, Bella is with Karen 24/7. So Bella and K like most babies and their mommies get into a daily habit of child/parent roles. This weekend, while driving, Bella and K spent a lot of time together in the backseat. They played, laughed, and K talked to her instead of having to tell her to eat her cereal, don't touch that, or worrying if Bella was on schedule to eat or take naps. I really noticed the effect of this when we got home last night. She kept calling for Momma. There was just a subtle change in their relationship and it was awesome to see.

Swimming - Karen had taken Bella to the pool about a month ago. From what K told me is you would of thought she was going to dunk Bella in a vat of hot oil. She wanted nothing to do with the water. Well, since then we have set up a baby pool in our backyard. Karen was taking her out there everyday to allow her to splash and play. So this weekend while we were at the hotel I decided to take her to the pool. I figured we wouldn't be out there long. At first, she acted like she wasn't all that thrilled of the pool. I slowly let her feet touch the water and then we sat on the steps going into the pool. Before long she was splashing and squeeling. She had so much fun playing. Then I held her in the water and she started kicking. The kid has some major leg strength. She really is going to be a swimmer!

Tender Heart- One thing that I am starting to notice in Bella is a genuine sense of concern for people. What I mean is I've noticed when she sees people crying whether in real life or on TV she shows this sense of concern. When she sees it she'll turn to me or Karen with this worried look on her face. It's also very touching to see her take Karen's face in both of her hands and kiss her. It's very endearing. Karen and I have caught a couple episodes of this show called, Take Home Nanny. My stomach turns at these people with out of control children. What I like about this show is her technique and solid principles of child behavior. Bella is a sweet, gentle, funny, baby but one thing she has is a very strong will. When she sets her mind on something she sticks with it until she achieves it. That's good but also can be bad too. That show pointed out a few behaviors that we have witnessed in Bella. Not to say we are wanting to change her but it brings to light things to pay close attention to that if not kept in check can develop into problems down the road. We both learned from this show. I normally don't put much stock into shows like Super Nanny or anything you get from TV. However, this show really impressed me.

So Bella turned nine months on Monday. It's so hard to believe our pinkie pie is knocking on the Big 0-1. We make it a point to cherish everyday with her. If we allow ourselves to get caught up in the diaper changes, messy faces, then we would miss a lot of the little things this Angel from Heaven has brought to our lives.

Happy Wednesday!!!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy 9 month birthday Isabella! I think the Super Nanny is an incredible show that can show the affects of consistency, which many parents don't have. I suggest watching those shows often! It sounds like y'all had a great trip and some swimming fun! Now get those pictures up!!

Lesley said...

I thought y'all had fallen off the face of the earth, LOL!! Just kidding!! Life can be a bit chaotic with a little one... but worth every second of it!!

The kids' teeth freak me out too!! I'm always telling them, "Don't open that with your teeth...Don't chew on THAT... BE CAREFUL with your teeth. WE worked wayyyyyyyyy too hard to get them to have something happen to them now." LOL Teething seems to be just as hard on the parents as it is on the kids :-)

Yeah, strong willed kids... I feel your pain, LOL!! I do agree that consistency is the key... although it is one of those "easier said than done" things... both of our boys are strong willed. I wonder where they get that from?? <((innocent look))

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys and this blog helps me keep you with Bella... now that I am finally back for a while and things will calm down I'll have to come see you all!!!